Global Entrepreneurship Network announced a collection of individuals to serve as the lead organizers in 18 states to drive engagement in thousands of activities this November to help start and grow startups around the world. Known as Global Entrepreneurship Week, the large-scale campaign is active in 170 countries with roughly 9 million participants in 35,000 activities – ranging from small, casual meetups to massive events and competitions.
The state coordinators tapped by GEN will encourage hundreds of organizations throughout their state to plan and conduct activities during GEW USA. They will also play a role in connecting those organizations and other key stakeholders to expand awareness and enable the participation of communities not traditionally engaged in entrepreneurial activity.
"Each year, Global Entrepreneurship Week amplifies the great work being done to support entrepreneurs across the country while connecting them to more opportunities to start and scale in their own communities,” said Ellen Bateman director for U.S. ecosystems at the Global Entrepreneurship Network. “These individuals are active ecosystem leaders and can rally their states and communities to not only participate in GEW but to intensify efforts to support entrepreneurs at a time when we need them most.”
The following individuals were named State Organizers for GEW 2020 in the United States:
- Arizona: CJ Cornell, Propel Ventures LLC
- Arkansas: Grace Rains + Tiffany Henry, Conductor
- Colorado: Travis Scott Luther, Travis Luther LLC
- District of Columbia: Duane Rollins, SEED SPOT
- Florida: Joseph Russo, Palm Beach Tech
- Georgia: Jason Jones, JE CATALYST INC
- Idaho: Norris Krueger, Entrepreneurship Northwest
- Maryland: Stacy Stube, Elsa Fitzgerald Studio
- Michigan: Monica Wheat, Venture Catalysts
- Minnesota: Ini Augustine, SocialWise Media Group
- Mississippi: Mani Hairston, OPEN
- Missouri: Adrienne Haynes, Multicultural Business Coalition Inc
- North Carolina: Thom Ruhe, NC IDEA
- Ohio: Paul Suchy, BioflightVR
- Oklahoma: Tommy Yi, StarSpace46
- Pennsylvania: Beth Zimmer, Innovation Collaborative
- Puerto Rico: Carlos Jimenez, YEES!
- Washington: Dave Parker, DKParker LLC
The four global themes of GEW 2020 will focus on Ecosystems, Education, Inclusion and Policy. Event organizers are encouraged to consider these themes but have the flexibility to plan their activity as best they see fit to suit their individual communities needs and interests.
Organizations anywhere in the United States interested in planning and conducting an activity, event or competition during Global Entrepreneurship Week should create a profile and add their event to the official list at gewusa.co.
Individuals or organizations interested in serving as the lead coordinator for their state or community should complete the GEW State Coordinator / Community Organizer application form.