More than 60 organizations from different sectors signed this Alliance to promote innovation and entrepreneurship in the country
With a commitment to join efforts and vision of public sector institutions, private sector, academia and civil society, gathered in the Social Economic Council (CES), representatives of these sectors signed the "Dominican Alliance Entrepreneurship and Innovation", a country commitment that seeks to promote the conditions necessary to stimulate the entrepreneurship ecosystem and to encourage and facilitate for any citizen the possibility of undertaking innovation and start a new business.
The Manifesto (see below) signed lists 12 commitments made by the signatory which seek to promote, encourage and strengthen the various programs for entrepreneurship and innovation that are in place now in the country, as well as to join forces with member entities to create a forum that will review the work on promoting entrepreneurship. Among the projects that seeks to promote the alliance it includes promoting public policies that facilitate entrepreneurship and innovation in the country, adapting its content to existing initiatives as well as provide a forum for monitoring implementation and compliance.
On the educational level, this effort seeks to articulate and promote training programs in schools and educational institutions at all levels to develop entrepreneurial skills, business and personal growth throughout the population in an inclusively manner through specialized organizations.
With the signing of this alliance, the undersigned institutions undertake to be spokespeople and promoters of a social movement that allows positioning entrepreneurship and innovation as issues on the national agenda and strengthen the involvement of different actors, through activities and to foster an entrepreneurial culture media and all social networks. Within its next steps it is to create a council to coordinate and direct the actions of the Alliance, as well as implementation, monitoring and updating of the National Strategy for Entrepreneurship launched in 2014, and the design of an annual operating plan, which will in its main responsibilities present the results to the members of the alliance and the country.
All sectors involved are calling entrepreneurs, academia, innovation and businesses to join this great country Alliance that seeks to improve the conditions of those who start their own projects, which means betting the competitive development and sustainable development of the Dominican Republic.
Among the signatories by the public sector entities are: The Vice Presidency of the Republic, the Ministry of Industry and Trade, the Ministry of Higher Education, Science and Technology, Ministry of Youth, the Center for Export and Investment of the Dominican Republic (CEI -RD), CREE Banreservas, Centre for Development and Industrial Competitiveness (PROINDUSTRIA), the National Competitiveness Council (CNC) and the National Office of Industrial Property (ONAPI). By academies: the Association of University Rectors (ADRU), the National Institute of Technical and Vocational Training (INFOTEP), Barna Business School, Technological Institute of Santo Domingo (INTEC), Pontificia Universidad Catolica Madre y Maestra (PUCMM), University Iberoamericana (UNIBE), Universidad Nacional Pedro Henríquez Ureña (UNPHU), University APEC (UNAPEC), and the Institute for Innovation in Biotechnology and Industry (IIBI), among others.
For the business sector: National Association of Young Entrepreneurs (ANJE), the National Council of Private Enterprise (CONEP), Business Action for Education (EDUCA), Dominican Confederation of Small and Medium Enterprises (CODOPYME), Confederation Patronal of the Dominican Republic (COPARDOM), Association of Industries of the Dominican Republic (AIRD), National Organization of Commercial Enterprises (ONEC), Association of Hotels and Tourism of the Dominican Republic (ASONAHORES), Association of Commercial Banks of the Dominican Republic ( ABA), the Association of Industrialists of the Northern Region (AIREN), Dominican Association of Builders and Housing Developers (ACOPROVI), Chamber of Commerce and Production of Santo Domingo, Dominican Association of Free zones (ADOZONA), Association of Businessmen and Industrialists (ACIS), Dominican Association of Business Courier (ASODEC), Dominican Federation of Chambers of Commerce (FEDOCAMARAS), Altice Hispaniola, Federation of Industrial Associations (FAI), Association of Industrial enterprises of Herrera and Santo Domingo Province (AEIH) and the Association Administrators Dominican Investment Fund (ADOSAFI) Societies.
As representatives of civil society, some of the signatories were: Alianza ONG, Foundation Innovati, Inicia Education, Junior Achievement Dominicana, Enlaces-Investor Network Angeles, Strategic Business Group (GEE), Foundation for Innovation and Sustainability, Dominicana Compite, Dominican Institute for the Integral Development (IDDI), PROLIDER, Alpha Sociedad de Valores, SA, Entrepreneurial Spark, Sur Futuro Foundation, Foundation Cúcara-Mácara Theatre Development Association (APEDI), Dominican Solidarity, Social Innovation Organization, Inspire, Leadership on heels Foundation, Dominican Chamber of information and communications technology (CAMARATICRD), Women in the Dominican Development (MUDE), AEmprender and the National Association for the Blind.
You can access more information, here.
MANIFESTO: A COUNTRY COMMITMENT
The Dominican Alliance for Entrepreneurship and Innovation brings together the efforts and vision of public sector institutions, private sector, academia and civil society in order to promote the conditions necessary to stimulate the entrepreneurship ecosystem to encourage and facilitate any citizens the possibility to start, innovate and risk a new business. With this synergy we make the following commitments:
1. Work together from diversity to ensure that in the Dominican Republic, entrepreneurship and innovation are recognized as essential pillars to move towards greater economic and social development.
2. To ensure a regulatory and policy framework and public policies that facilitate entrepreneurship and innovation in the country, adapting its content to existing initiatives as well as provide a forum for monitoring implementation and compliance.
3. Be spokespeople and promoters of a social movement that allows placing entrepreneurship and innovation as issues on the national agenda and strengthen the involvement of different actors, through information and activities that promote an entrepreneurial culture in media and all social networks.
4. Promote the signing of agreements between public, private, academic and civil society in the implementation of projects to support and promote the different types of entrepreneurship and innovation in the country.
5. Promote the development of financial instruments and / or venture capital for subsistence, traditional, dynamic and high impact entrepreneurs.
6. Articulate and promote training programs in schools and educational institutions at all levels to develop entrepreneurial skills, business and personal growth throughout the population in an inclusively manner through specialized organizations.
7. Promote the creation of networks of coaches, mentors, advisors, incubators and business accelerators to support the initiation, development and sustainability of entrepreneurs with an integrated development approach.
8. Create a council to coordinate and direct the actions of the Alliance and, implementation, monitoring and updating of the National Strategy for Entrepreneurship, from the design of an annual operating plan, which will have among its main responsibilities to present the results to the members of the alliance and the country.
9. Create and strengthen programs that link the academic, research and business sectors so that together offer solutions and improvements to products, services, processes and technologies.
10. Provide guidance and support to public and private entities engaged in initiatives to promote proposals entrepreneurship, innovation and research.
11. Create a national observatory of entrepreneurship and innovation, which is the platform for studies, research and analysis on the subject, among others.
12. Recognize organizations that are models of good practice in the development of entrepreneurship and innovation projects.