The 2019 GBAN Annual Meeting in Manama, Bahrain featured angels with cross border investment expertise who led interactive workshops in conjunction with the Global Entrepreneurship Congress.
Launched in 2015, GBAN is a network of more than 80 angel investor networks active in more than 60 countries on five continents. As part of the Global Entrepreneurship Network, GBAN members have the opportunity to interface with entrepreneurs, policymakers, and leading entrepreneurial support organizations.
In addition to cross border investment, members heard expert presentations on innovative public policy practices proven to increase early stage investments, how women investors are changing the angel field, and other new areas of angel investing, including in the space sector through GEN Space.
Expert members presenting included:
- Padmaja Ruparel, GBAN Co-Chair, Indian Angel Network
- Tomi Davies, GBAN Co-Chair, African Business Angels Network
- Baybars Altuntas, GBAN Co-Chair, European Business Angel Network
- Peter Adams, Angel Capital Association, United States
- Nawaf Alkooheji, CEO, Tenmou, Bahraini Business Angels Company
- Paulo Andrez, EBAN President Emeritus, Portugal
- Phil Auerswald, GEN eXponential
- Sandi Gilbert, National Angel Capital Organisation, Canada
- Arvind Gupta, CEO MyGov, Ministry of Electronics &IT (MeitY), India
- Rebeca Hwang, Managing Partner, Rivet Ventures, United States
- Stephan Reckie, Angel Investor &Executive Director, GEN Space
- Raman Roy, Co-founder, IAN Indian Angel Network
The 2019 GBAN Annual Meeting was a singular opportunity for members to share and learn about the latest achievements of the angel networks, and to make enduring international connections and develop new collaborative partnerships.