GEN Asia Mission
The mission of GEN Asia is to identify and implement effective programs and initiatives that foster and support entrepreneurship in Asia. This includes:
- Expanding the number of people in Asia who start or work for new firms by fully legitimizing entrepreneurs in Asian culture.
- Increasing understanding between the new innovation communities and traditional institutions within Asia’s economies through the constructive engagement of broad-based coalitions of public and private sector leaders in supporting smart, evidence-based programs and public policies that strengthen the ecosystem.
- Supporting the emergence of Asian entrepreneurs by translating state-of-the-art research findings into viable policy action, implementing world-class programs, and curating connections to international networks.
GEN Asia’s founding objectives are to:
- Align GEN’s current communities and projects throughout the region in entrepreneurship research, policy and programs;
- Coordinate with existing multilateral efforts including such as APEC, ASEAN, the Asian Development Bank, the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank, and other Asian initiatives;
- Coordinate the work of GEN’s Asian country affiliate leadership teams; and
- Extend and expand GEN’s support of national governments throughout Asia.
GEN Asia Vision
GEN Asia was established to serve as a regional hub of the entrepreneurship movement in Asia and to provide a sustained focus on enabling entrepreneurship in Asia through a coordinated interface with GEN operations around the world.
With almost 4.5 billion people in Asia, GEN Asia aims to connect entrepreneurs, investors, ecosystem builders, researchers and policymakers towards building one entrepreneurial ecosystem. GEN Asia was established by GEN Global, the Managing Directors of GEN’s in-country affiliates in Asia and GEN’s other leading partners in Asia. GEN Asia currently operates in 26 Asian countries and will seek to extend its reach throughout the rest of Asia by 2020.