The Global Entrepreneurship Network has opened a search for in-country organizations in the countries below to serve as the main coordinating entity for Global Entrepreneurship Week.
Local Leader / Catalyzer in the Ecosystem
The organization should be a local leader and catalyzer with a credible reputation in the local startup, scale-up and high-growth entrepreneurship community with a national reach.
National with a Global Vision
Although the first priority of the GEW host organization is to help build a national ecosystem, the organization should have a global vision and be willing to embrace the GEW brand.
Strong Team + Presence
The organization’s team should be energetic with a positive outlook, with proven coordination abilities, respective of social or cultural factors and with an eye for detail. The organization should be a good provider of content both in traditional and digital media with a go-to website and social media channels.
GEW Host Organization’s Responsibilities
- Form an advisory board that will encompass the entire entrepreneurial ecosystem and will work together to strengthen GEW in country
- Make a collaborative effort to expand GEW to all cities and all constituencies in the ecosystem in country.
- Secure key national partners to share tasks and lead the movement
- Promote the use of official global activities and themes and design in-country activities
Leverage the global brand by adopting the compass and official event logos as the primary brand for all GEW efforts in-country
Use the fully-functioning website provided by GEN Global as the country’s national Global Entrepreneurship Week website.
Media and Metrics
- Solicit national patrons and lead a media outreach campaign
- Report back to the global planning team on basic metrics including media impressions and the number of partners, activities, participants
Vital to Global Entrepreneurship Week is the support of a network of large national partner organizations to reach different sectors of society in the form of an Advisory Board. For example, some members of the board may bring experience with public sector opinion leaders, while others bring their involvement with existing businesses and entrepreneurs. Others may specialize in helping students and youth or in incubating startups. All of these stakeholders bring a willingness to bring together a collection of entities in their country that provide entrepreneurship activities to people from all regions within their nation.
While serving as a GEW Host does not come with financial support, it comes with the endorsement and assistance from a powerful, global group of players advancing entrepreneurship in 170 nations.
In order to apply to be a GEW host organization please fill in this form. You can also fill out the same form below.
Steve Cheah, GEN Thailand acting managing director and Global Entrepreneurship Week host, reflects on his favorite GEW moments.