Entrepreneurial Cities is a program which seeks to develop and strengthen the entrepreneurial skills among several Argentinean cities, through an Action Plan coordinated with public and private local institutions: governments, incubators, universities, companies, entrepreneurs, development centers, between others. The program facilitates the integration between the different agents who promote entrepreneurship in the territory.
The program's first stage is the assessment of entrepreneurship ecosystem through a participative self-diagnosis to evaluate the actual conditions for entrepreneurship, analyze the possibilities of the program to action, and the best way to direct the resources.
Then, the incubation process starts. At this point, it is expect that the local government, as well as the main stakeholders, identify objectives and needs to create public policies well adapted for them.
The last step implies to turn this ideas into a manageable and measurable Working Plan to be implemented during the next 10 months. The program plans to finance the projects until USD 25.000 with a 20% contribution of the counterpart.
Secretariat of Entrepreneurs and SMEs, Ministry of Production.
Startup: a newly emerged entrepreneurial and productive venture which challenge is to search for a respectable and scalable business model.
As of August 2017:
- 30 cities and 16 states assisted
- 30 public policies plans designed
- 800 participating institutions
- 163 Roundtable meetings
- 256 funded actions
- 80 dynamic startups identified 30 local agents trained
- Mariano Mayer, 2016-2019 Secretary of Entrepreneurs and SMEs, Ministry of Production
- Patricio Gigli, 2015-2019 National Director for Entrepreneur Support, Secretariat of Entrepreneurs & SMEs, Ministry of Production, Argentina