The Global Entrepreneurship Congress (GEC) is a major international event for startups with participants from over 170 countries around the world. The event attracts countless entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, experts, opinion leaders, and policy-makers to jointly help launch or expand the scale of startups. The purpose of the event is to accelerate the development of the entrepreneurial ecosystem and improve the well-being of mankind. Compared with GEC, GEC+ is even more focused on discussion and cooperation in key issues of entrepreneurship. It facilitates cooperation between countries in the region and drives development of the entrepreneurial ecosystem.
GEC+Taipei is a four-day event which will be held in the Taipei International Convention Center (TICC) on September 26-29, 2018. The theme of the event is "Enabling Social Impact with AI + IoT," focusing on the use of smart technology applications to accelerate the innovation and digital transformation of startups and SMEs, as well as promoting the sustainable development of the global digital economic ecosystem. GEC+Taipei will be held during Taiwan Innotech Expo, the largest technology trade show in Asia. The expo is a three-day event which will be held on September 27-29 in Exhibition Hall 1 of Taipei World Trade Center. The expo will showcase future technologies, innovative inventions, and sustainable development, and will create future business opportunities by linking powerful technology convergence with the value of innovation.
Spectacular events of GEC+Taipei 2018:
- September 26: GEN Asia Roundtable Meeting. Global leaders of Asia-Pacific countries will discuss cooperation in the global entrepreneurial ecosystem. The "GEN-ASIA Pass Entrepreneurship Digital Citizen Card," which is based on the concept of resource sharing and utilizes block chain technology, will help entrepreneurs carry out cross-border Soft Landings, and create a mutually beneficial and friendly entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- September 27-28: GEC+Taipei opening ceremony and forums. The main topics of discussion will be future entrepreneurial clusters, entrepreneurial education, smart cities, smart enterprises, digital healthcare and medical center solutions, innovative block chain applications in the future, and AI + IoT and smart manufacturing matchmaking. The experience of entrepreneurial clusters and scenarios for innovative technology applications of the future in each country will be shared, which creates even more opportunities for international exchange and business matchmaking.
- September 28: International Startup Pitch. This event aims to provide a stage for exchange between startups in Asia. It encourages entrepreneurs to participate in competitions to find business partners, venture capital, and expansion through international channels, as well as to interact and engage in exchanges with venture capital and buyers from all around the world. Distinguished guests will be visiting Taiwan Innotech Expo this day.
- September 29: Startup Terrace experience. Visitors will be able to experience the excellent investment and startup environment of Taiwan's flagship entrepreneurial cluster – Startup Terrace. This international cluster for innovation and startups enjoys smart transportation connections to the airport MRT, and also provides entrepreneurs with one-stop service for visa and express customs clearance, as well as tax reductions. These support the "G-ASIA Pass Entrepreneurship Digital Citizen Card" Soft Landing plan.
- September 27-29: Taiwan Innotech Expo. The expo is the largest technology trade event in Asia and an international trade platform for innovative R&D. It features future technologies, innovative inventions, and sustainable development, as well as exhibition halls showcasing innovative R&D results of the 5+2 Industrial Transformation Plan. Related activities include the International IP Strategy and Cross-Industry Innovation Summit 2018, a technology forum, and technology experience exchange and sharing. Renowned foreign research institutions are invited to engage in technology exchange in Taiwan. The activities promote investments between countries in various industries, and create international cooperation opportunities by linking powerful technology convergence with the value of innovation.
Taiwan's six strong comprehensive innovation and entrepreneurship capabilities are as follows:
T (Talent) A pool of AIoT talent
A (Accelerator) The ability to connect international and commercial accelerators
I (Innovation) Active innovation energy
W (World) Strong global connections of startups
A (Action) The ability to accelerate startup development
N (Network) A complete entrepreneurial network
We are at the forefront of the whole global industry and are making active efforts to connect global entrepreneurship ecosystems in order to create a friendlier environment. We are working with startups in Taiwan and overseas to satisfy unmet demands of the international market, as well as to explore unlimited possibilities. We look forward to discovering even more new market opportunities with you during GEC+Taipei, and activate the digital economy!
The event is co-organized with the National Association of Young Entrepreneurs, and sponsored by the Small and Medium Enterprise Administration, along with various private organizations.
About the National Association of Young Entrepreneurs
The National Association of Young Entrepreneurs was founded in May 1972. It is the only one of Taiwan's six major industrial and commercial organizations that is aimed at supporting young entrepreneurs. The National Association of Young Entrepreneurs was founded by young entrepreneurs who were enthusiastic about serving society. It is currently the longest-standing and largest juridical association in Taiwan, and has made considerable contributions to Taiwan's economic development in the past. It is currently the best platform for startups and young entrepreneurs to exchange information, interact, and build connections.
Official Hotel of the GEC+Taipei
Grand Hyatt Taipei ★★★★★
Official Venue of the GEC+Taipei
1 Hsin-Yi Road, Section 5, Taipei 11049, Taiwan ROC [Google Map]
GEC+ questions： Jonathan Ortmans (email@example.com)
GEC+Taipei questions： Alice Chan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
TECHNOLOGY EXPERIENCE PARTNER
EXCLUSIVE SOCIAL MEDIA PARTNER