The Indo-U.S. Science and Technology Forum in partnership with the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI), the U.S. Embassy, the Department of Science and Technology and 91 springboard is organizing the Indo-U.S. Startup Accelerator Workshop on 22 & 23 November 2013 at FICCI, Federation House, New Delhi. Attendance at this workshop is by invitation only.
The workshop, using an unconventional format, will bring together startups, aspiring entrepreneurs, innovators, angel investors and venture capitalists from across the country to brainstorm and debate on the following broad challenges that a startup faces:
- Management Challenges – creating a culture that promotes innovation
- Product and Service Challenges – creating market winners
- Revenue Challenges – creating successful sales & marketing strategies
- Financing Challenges – when, how and how much
- Intellectual Property and other legal issues
The one and a half day workshop will provide a highly interactive platform to network within the startup community as well as with potential investors and mentors. The workshop will also provide an opportunity to pre-selected startups to pitch directly to venture and angel investors in a private session. In addition, there will be entrepreneurial problem solving session in small groups to get the advice that can be useful to participants.