As the world gradually shifts towards a ‘new normal’, there is an increasing urgency for countries to develop innovative solutions that would help subdue the financial turmoil caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Following its success in 2019, The Entrepreneurship World Cup (EWC) presents an opportunity for startups of all stages to showcase their revitalizing ideas in the world’s largest and most diverse pitch competition. 100 finalists from across the globe will be selected to compete for US$1 million in cash prizes and up to US$75 million in in-kind support.
Last year, the competition drew startups from 187 countries, and the EWC is now adding Thailand to its global community via its local official national organizer, The Global Entrepreneurship Network (GEN) Thailand.
In addition, GEN Thailand teams up with Gobi Partners, one of Pan-Asia’s largest venture capital firms for the competition. The collaboration provides Thai applicants a webinar series, https://www.gobi.vc/pulse/ with expert advice from local entrepreneurs and global-minded mentors on how to reach their maximum potential and have the right tools to succeed in today’s drastically changing economic landscape.
Suwanchai Lohawatanakul - President, Global Entrepreneurship Network (Thailand) - “This is a great chance for Thai startups and businesses to share their ideas with the world and see new revolutionary business ideas from others as well. I’m very happy Thailand will be part of EWC this year.”
Shannon Kalayanamitr - Partner, Gobi Partners - “The Entrepreneurship World Cup (EWC) is an excellent platform for Thailand to showcase on a global scale how far our startups have pivoted, and how much higher we’re capable of elevating. Gobi Partners is proud to co-organize Thailand’s first EWC National Competition and leverage our Pan-Asian investment experience to heighten Thai startups to the next level.”
Applications for the Entrepreneurship World Cup this year are now open -- apply now for a chance to represent Thailand! Alongside being selected for the global competition, each eligible startups that apply and Thai finalists are eligible to receive up to $10,000 USD in Amazon Web Services credits through AWS Activate, a program that provides startups with technical training and support to help them grow. They will also garner invaluable knowledge from our renowned list of mentors, judges, and panelists.
The Global Finals will take place in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia from 18 - 20 October 2020. In addition to the cash prizes for the top five finalists, the following in-kind prizes will also be distributed:
Shenzen Prize: The top 40 finalists will all receive a special “Shenzen Prize” package to help expand their companies into China. Presented by the Global Entrepreneurship Network in partnership with the Government of Shenzen through the International Youth Innovation Conference, the package includes:
- Assistance to acquire land or to expand business in China
- Investment and Financing Docking
- Local Policy Consultation
- Team Building and Recruitment
- Intellectual Property Life-cycle Service
- Technology Transfer Service
- Free booth for exhibition at the International Youth Innovation Conference (IYIC) in Shenzen 2020
- Global visibility
EWC Global Finalist In-Kind Support + Services: All 100 global finalists will receive a package of prizes valued at more than $20 million combined. The package includes offerings from:
- GSVlabs: GSVlabs is providing $200,000 in free and discounted services to each global finalist from partners including Oracle, Shopify, Slack and Stripe – as well as access to mentors, investors, and hundreds of templates and guides.
- Twilio: Twilio is providing credits to access its cloud communications platform that allows software developers to make and receive phone calls, send and receive text messages, and perform other communication functions using its web service APIs.
- HubSpot: HubSpot is providing credits to access Hubspot Growth, a full suite of software for marketing, sales, and customer service with a completely free CRM at its core.
- GEN Starters Club: The Global Entrepreneurship Network is granting admission for each global finalist to its GEN Starters Club. Members receive access to global connections with experienced entrepreneurs, mentors and investors – offering weekly live workshops and other unique opportunities.
The EWC Thailand national finals will be carried out virtually on 29 August 2020. Application closes on 2 August 2020.
To apply for the Entrepreneurship World Cup Thailand, please follow the link below: https://signup.entrepreneurshipworldcup.com/ewc/signup, or visit Entrepreneurshipworldcup.com to learn more about the competition.