The MIT Enterprise Forum of the Pan Arab Region, as Official Host, along with more than 45 organizations joined forces in pulling out an awesome Global Entrepreneurship Week in Lebanon in November 2012.
Over 50 main activities were planned during the month of November gathering over 45 partner organizations including among others schools, universities, NGOs, Incubators, VCs, and media partners. Over 14,000 people impacted from events, conferences, workshops, seminars, boot camps, meet ups gathering entrepreneurs, professionals and investors whereas over 35,000 were impacted directly and indirectly from the various social media channels of GEW Lebanon, and the other partner organizations.
Some highlights that marked GEW Lebanon 2012 besides having this ongoing celebration over a period of a whole month:
- We got the support of politicians and key players in Lebanon's economy who did not refrain from being present at the events to show their support; to name a few: HE Nicolas Sehanoui - Minister of Telecommunications, Mr. Robert Fadel Member of the Parliament, Mrs. Salam Yamout - Nationa ICT Coordinator, Dr. Saad Andari - Vice Governor of the Central Bank, H.E. Mr. Nicolas Nahas, Minister of Economy and trade, Mr. Roger Melki, Advisor to the Ministry of Economy and trade, Mr. Bilal Hamad, The Mayor of Beirut, Mr. Jacques Sarraf, Chairman of Malia Group
- Regional and International speakers were present at some of the events, to name a few: Farid Chehab- Honorary Chairman and Advisor to the Board of Leo Burnett MENA, Dr. Charles El Achi - Director of the NASA and Cal Tech Jet Propulsion Laboratory and H.E. Hero De Boer - Ambassador of the Netherlands.
- GEW Lebanon reached out to schools as well where workshops on entrepreneurship were organized
- We worked on involving youth through the road show that we organized in over 15 universities in Lebanon to talk about entrepreneurship and invite the students to get involved in the GEW activities. Events covered both business and social entrepreneurship
- A special report was prepared by Executive Magazine with the help of the GEW Partner Organizations to highlight the top 20 Lebanese entrepreneurs, in the view of inspiring others and proving to them that ambition and talent can help any entrepreneur in facing many obstacles: executive-magazine.com/special-report/The-top-20-Lebanese-entrepreneurs/1405
- A 3-minute video was prepared capturing the energy, dynamism, and positive spirit of the Lebanese entrepreneurship ecosystem: