Prospérin Tsialonina to guide GEN Madagascar to strengthen international connections and implement new programs, initiatives
WASHINGTON, DC – The Global Entrepreneurship Network has appointed Prospérin Tsialonina as acting managing director of GEN Madagascar. In this role, Tsialonina is responsible for expanding collaboration among the country’s entrepreneurship ecosystem leaders and connecting them to their counterparts in more than 170 countries.
In addition to its role of representing and relaying the activities of GEN Global, GEN Madagascar's role is to represent the actors of entrepreneurship in Madagascar in dialogue to improve the entrepreneurial ecosystem and the Malagasy business climate,” said Tsialonina.
Tsialonina said the organization aims to connect the key stakeholders of entrepreneurship development in the country, namely incubators and accelerators, financial institutions, and entrepreneurship support programs. He said the hope is for these groups to come together under leadership from GEN Madagascar to promote innovation and entrepreneurship.
At the global level, GEN operates in more than 170 countries. It fuels healthier start and scale ecosystems by fostering deeper cross-border collaboration and initiatives that engage entrepreneurs, investors, policymakers, researchers and entrepreneurship support organizations.
GEN Madagascar aims to strengthen the ecosystem by focusing on:
- Creating an exchange platform for best practices to support entrepreneurship in the country;
- Providing a platform for a unified voice of entrepreneurial stakeholders and leaders in addressing technical and financial partners;
- Connecting stakeholders in a central location for meeting and networking;
- Engaging thought leaders and policymakers, and demonstrating that entrepreneurship is essential to economic prosperity and overcoming cultural barriers; and
- Leveraging the global network’s resources to mobilize young people in Madagascar to think global and bring new ideas to fruition.
About the Global Entrepreneurship Network
The Global Entrepreneurship Network operates a platform of programs in 170 countries aimed at making it easier for anyone, anywhere to start and scale a business. By fostering deeper cross border collaboration and initiatives between entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, policymakers and entrepreneurial support organizations, GEN works to fuel healthier start and scale ecosystems that create jobs, educate individuals, accelerate innovation and strengthen economic growth. For details on the programs that make up GEN, visit genglobal.org and follow @unleashingideas on Twitter.