GLOBAL ENTREPRENEURS WEEK NASARSWA 2020
Nasarawa is a civil service state with majority of her population dependent on government employment, with the global toll on COVID-19 the need for entrepreneurship has never been so pressing. For us at the 21st Century Entrepreneurs hub Nasarawathis year GEW 2020 means celebrating the resilience of our youths and appreciation their commitments to recreating a sustainable future for all.
Each year, nearly 10 million people participate in 39,000 simultaneous events over the course of the week, all with the shared objective of fueling the start and scaling of ecosystems which create more jobs, accelerate innovation, strengthen economic growth as well as create avenues for entrepreneurship education. From large-scale startup competitions and workshops to small, community discussions – GEW reaches new audiences and connects participants to a network that can help them take the next step, no matter where they are on their entrepreneurial journey.
Global Entrepreneurship Week Nigeria 2020, National Theme: Co-creation, Influence, and Sustenance: Building Support Ecosystems.
The 1st Global Entrepreneurship Week Nasarawa organized by the 21st Century Entrepreneurs Hub Nasarawa in partnership with other stakeholders will feature virtual conference, skill acquisition and catch them young discussions for secondary school children.
• To create a platform for networking and make the atmosphere conducive for entrepreneurs to meet with array of business with a view if deepening individual as well as collective knowledge.
• To provide marketable skills for our idle youths population.
• To build a business mindset among our primary and secondary school students.
• A one-day virtual conference on the theme Entrepreneurship more than ever; how to build sustainable businesses.
• To engage young women and girls on a two days skills acquisition
• Community engagement/volunteerism; this would be carried out by initiating a discussion with and among young secondary school students on the importance of entrepreneurship.
• Tell the story of initiative clearly and with impact
• Re-create a business mindset among citizens
• Achieve face-to-face contact, networking, demonstrating expertise, competence and innovation
• Increase employability of our young persons and our marginalized women population
• Raising awareness about entrepreneurship among young children
• Increased knowledge and capabilities amongst students (catch them young)
HIGHLIGHTS OF ACTIVITIES:
School visitation 16-17 November
Virtual Lecture 18-19 November 2020
Skills acquisition 20-21 November 2020
Closing 22 November 2020