Each year, Global Entrepreneurship Week reaches millions of people through local, national and global events and activities – often framed by key global themes that shine a spotlight on leading topics in entrepreneurship. This is achieved by the thousands of events and activities held across the globe to inspire millions to engage in entrepreneurial activity while connecting them to potential collaborators, mentors and even investors.
Each year, nearly 10 million people participate in 39,000 simultaneous events over the course of the week, all with the shared objective of fueling the start and scaling of ecosystems which create more jobs, accelerate innovation, strengthen economic growth as well as create avenues for entrepreneurship education. From large-scale startup competitions and workshops to small, community discussions – GEW reaches new audiences and connects participants to a network that can help them take the next step, no matter where they are on their entrepreneurial journey.
Global Entrepreneurship Week Nigeria 2020, National Theme: Co-creation, Influence, and Sustenance: Building Support Ecosystems.
The 3nd Global Entrepreneurship Week Sokoto organized by the 21st Century Entrepreneurs Hub in partnership with other stakeholders will feature an Exhibition and School visitation.
- To create a platform for start-ups to promote/showcase their products and services to a broader group that may have little or no knowledge of their products and services
- Engage students of primary, secondary and tertiary institutes on issues of entrepreneurship and innovation
- A one-day exhibition of made in Sokoto goods and services (expo) that will bring together various start-up entrepreneurs at all stages of development with possible investors, traders, NGO’s, government bodies and other entities under one umbrella. The fair will create an opportunity for the start-ups to sell their products at a lower price exclusively for the attendees, which will be around 2000+ potential buyers.
- Community engagement/volunteerism; we intend to give back to the community by visiting some selected schools. Sensitize them on how to be creative from an early age, in ways that will yield into innovative and entrepreneurship mindset.
- Tell the story of initiative clearly and with impact
- Give attendees and possible investors a memorable experience, from which they are moved to act
- Achieve face-to-face contact, networking, demonstrating expertise, competence and innovation
- Established brands to remind people they exist or they have something new to offer
- Products and brands to gain industry or general opinion about their offerings
- Awareness raised and students mobilized to become innovative at an early age
- Increased knowledge and capabilities amongst students (catch them young)
Date: Monday 16th – Friday 20th November 2020.
Venue: some selected Schools
Caliphate Expo and Exhibition
Theme: Branding and Packaging.
Date: Saturday 21st November, 2020.
Venue: NBA secretariat, Sokoto.
Target Audience: Entrepreneurs, Investors, CEOs, Media agencies, General Public