Get Your Startup on the World Stage
The Global Startup Competition
Startup Open is a global competition that is open to entrepreneurs from any industry with a new business that has yet to raise any outside capital from angel investors, venture capital firms or other formal sources of seed funding.
Startup Open recognizes the most promising ventures from around the world– based on their growth potential, passion, creativity, level of idea development, and pitching skills. A diverse cast of entrepreneurial leaders will judge and select the entries to advance. One of the finalists will be selected as the grand prize winner and receive a trip (airfare and hotel provided) to the Global Entrepreneurship Congress (GEC) in Istanbul, Turkey in 2018. The finalists will receive feedback from investors and experienced entrepreneurs.
Applicants will have until September 30 to submit a qualifying startup.
- All applications must be submitted in English.
- Applications will be accepted from May 1, 2017, until September 30, 2017.
- Applications will only be accepted online through the Startup Compete platform or through an officially approved National Competition.
- It is not required that a startup be incorporated, but a company cannot be incorporated over 18 months to compete.
- The winners will be selected by a panel of judges who are looking at a range of criteria including growth potential, passion, creativity, level of idea development, and their pitching skills.
- Each judge’s score is weighed equally.
- Prizes are nontransferable.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded.
- This contest is subject to all federal, state and municipal laws.