The Startup Nations Ministerial is an annual, high-level dialogue among leading policy makers from public-sector agencies focused on how to accelerate encourage entrepreneurial growth. The Startup Nations Ministerial is informed by year-round regional policy conversations and research emerging from a global network of institutions. It is convened by GEN and the World Bank Group and guided by a Steering Committee of:
- Mr. Mariano Mayer, Secretary of Entrepreneurs and SMEs, Argentina
- Mr. Zayed R. Alzayani, Minister of Industry and Commerce, Bahrain
- Mr. Ambitah Kant, CEO, National Institution for Transforming India (NITI Aayog), India
- Mrs. Kristin Schreiber, Director, EU Programme for the Competitiveness of Enterprises & SMEs, European Commission
- Eng. Saleh Alrasheed, Governor, Small and Medium Enterprises General Authority, Saudi Arabia
- Mrs. Lindiwe Zulu, Minister of Small Business Development, South Africa
- Dr. Pichet Durongkaveroj, Minister of Digital Economy & Society, Thailand
In preparation for the Startup Nations Ministerial, authorities engage in a series of Startup Nations Policy Dialogues, and share knowledge about policy instruments via the Startup Nations Atlas of Policies (SNAP).
The Startup Nations Ministerial is held annually in April aligned with the Global Entrepreneurship Congress (GEC). While the Ministerial focuses on policies to accelerate entrepreneurial activity, the full collection of sessions at the Global Entrepreneurship Congress provides government officials access for knowledge creation and collaborative programming to a diverse array of ecosystem builders, entrepreneurial support organizations, investors and entrepreneurs from 170 nations who participate in the GEC each year. The 2018 Startup Nations Ministerial in Istanbul, co-hosted by GEN and the World Bank, built on three pilot meetings of ministers held in Milan (2015), Medellin (2016) and Johannesburg (2017), which were led by the United States Government. The next Ministerial will take place in Bahrain in April 2019.
If you wish to request an invitation for your relevant government authority for the next Startup Nations Ministerial, please contact email@example.com with the full name, title, address and email contact information for your Minister's office to receive an invitation.
To review information about past editions of the Startup Nations Ministerial, click here.