Join the Nittany AI Alliance for an evening of exploration as they engage an expert panel in a discussion of the current challenges facing nonprofits and how AI could be used to address those challenges. You will hear from subject matter experts who have a deep understanding of nonprofits as well as AI experts who will talk about how this technology might be applied to address those challenges. There will also be plenty of time for Q&A during this event.
Who should attend?
We highly encourage nonprofits, NGOs, and Penn State students to attend this session and engage in the conversation by asking questions of the panel.
Why should you attend?
You are someone who wants to make a difference in your community by helping those who are on the “front lines” providing critical assistance to communities.
AI for Good is the philosophy that guides and shapes Nittany AI Alliance’s work to advance artificial intelligence to make the world a better place. This work falls under one of four pillars aligned with Penn State’s resources and expertise — education, environment, health, or humanitarianism. This event is focused on the humanitarianism pillar.
Register here to obtain the event's Zoom link.
- Opening Keynote, 6:20–7:20 p.m.
- Fred Brown, President & CEO, The Forbes Funds
- Expert Panel with Audience Q&A, 7:20–7:30 p.m.
- Moderated by Sandra Allain
- Fred Brown, President and CEO, The Forbes Funds
- Amulya Yadav, Professor of IST, Penn State
- Student Spotlight, 7:30–8:00 p.m.
- Aidly, 2020 Nittany AI Challenge team
- Turning Challenges into Inspiration: Ideation Session
- Discussion for students interested in participating in the Nittany AI Challenge, facilitated by the Nittany AI Student Society.