Dil Afroje Chowdhury
Full name: Dil Afroje Chowdhury
President and CEO , Women Watch Bangladesh (WWB)
National Director (ND) , DEVNET/ TIPS/WINNER
Executive Editor, abc news bd.com
Other position: I had been appointed Expo 2015 Theme Ambassador in Bangladesh
Please visit: http://www.devnetinternational.org/content/expo-2015-theme-ambassador-B…
Office: Road-2/A Apartment A5, Building: 15/A, Dhanmondi, Dhaka .
Phone: 8801843444309, 8801715031598, 8801759977186
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Web: www.deventinternational.org and www.wwbd.org
Schools of Higher Education: Dhaka University
Home Address: 44/C Abdul Hai Road Jhikatola, Dhanmondi Dhaka, Bangladesh.
In order to achieve Higher success in development sectors specially Community development for underprivileged women and Children in Bangladesh, want to work on climate change, Human rights, Peace , Business development leading to sustainable development.
MBA + Masters in English Language and literature from University of Dhaka
Trainings on the following issues:
a. WOMEN Entrepreneurs, Business & marketing organized JOBS program from Nov 20 to 22 1999.
b. Enterprises development.
c. Time management, instant decision-making, planning and implementation, Fulfillment of Target, etc.
d. Identification & formulation of Projects , Financial Analysis of projects through Computer and Techniques of Effective Marketing of Projects.
e. Human Resource Management Program for 1 week in Dhaka, Conducted by Mr. Sonni Guru Prasad of Bombay from 1st April 95 to 7th April, '95.
f. Participated one day seminar on 30th Sept.'99 organized & sponsored by YEP
group of Daily Star to detect the problems of Women entrepreneur, how to proceed with Bank loan .
g. Participated training on IPI ( International Press Institute) as IT journalist at New Delhi ( from 24th -29January-2001) being the Guest of Govt of India on the occasion of their 50th anniversary.
h. Participated SUPERCOMM-2002 ( June1-5) to Atlanta, USA 10 seminars and trainings on ICT..
i. Participated Ema-Invest -2001 ( September-24th to 29th) for small business development and SMEs development in Asia Pacific region as well as how to get investment for small projects.
j. Participated 4 days Courses on Jewellry marketing at Malaysia from 4th -8th June, 2002
k. Participated 3 days course in Natural products followed by a show in Singapore July 15-18 2003.
l. 10 days seminar in Rome, Rimini to present SME condition in Bangladesh followed by 3 days training how to improve the SMEs business promotion in Bangladesh in October 2003.
m. Participated 3 days seminar and conference on Gender, trade and development in New Delhi in November 2006 sponsored by UNTCD.
n. Participated 5 days meditation program for stress management .
Language skills: Bengali, English, Hindi
1. Working as the National Director of DEVNE/TIPS – WINNER funded by Italian Foreign Ministry and UNIFEM. ((DEVNET: Development network at Italy, TIPS:Technological promotion services for the business promotion of SMEs in Bangladesh in association with Nepal, Philippines, Sri lanka, Japan, China Albania, Afganistan, andWINNER- (Women into the new network of Entrepreneurial re-enforcement).
2. Working as the President and CEO of WWB (Women watch, Bangladesh) a leading NGO in Bangladesh engaged to improve the status of Women, their economic Empowerment, Assist them to enter into formal business like export , import, indenting, their capacity Building and poverty eradication.
3. Working as the Chairman of Progressive Youth Community (PYC) , Bangladesh another NGO in the rural area of Bangladesh comprising almost 23000 members mostly women including men. These are poor communities in Bangladesh, working for the community development through agro projects. Here we have 4 agro projects , the poor people are working here and the profits are being distributed to the poorest community of remote area. We are disbursing micro credit here with the profit coming from the Agro projects and again the profits of micro credits are being shared among the members who are the beneficiaries of the projects and finally become the financer with their little profit. Thus their profit grow and ultimately this small amount become their capital.
Progressive Youth Community (PYC) situated in Daud Kandi, Comilla
Fellowships and awards: ( International)
1. Participated GES2016, as a GES+ delegate and speaker for Women Leadership ( June 22-24, 2016) sponsored by the State Department ( By President Barak Obama).
2. Was appointed as Expo 2015 Theme Ambassador in Bangladesh(http://www.devnetinternational.org/content/expo-2015-theme-ambassador-B…
3. Participated and trained disabled women to create entrepreneurs in Georgia (Near Russia) for 1 week in May 2008 sponsored by the Ministry of Education in Georgia.
4. Awarded Business excellence award from Islamic Chamber of Commerce and Industry head office in Pakistan, to Qatar, sponsored by the Qatar Amir, where business women from Islamic countries participated in September 2007.
5. Awarded Ford Motor Company, International fellowship of the 92ndStreet Y, ( May 13-June 26-2006. The subject was “ Developing Community Leaders” and “Leadership in a Changed world” at New York, Washington DC, and 2 other states of USA.
6. Participated 3 days seminar and conference on Gender, trade and development in New Delhi in November 2006 sponsored by UNTCD.
7. Awarded Business promoter award from New Delhi from UNCTAD, 2005.
8. Participated 3 days workshop and networking event forFundraising and Investment in Rome + Rimini (June, 2003) sponsored by DEVNET, Italy.
9. Awarded International Visitors program in 2004 for 3 weeks ( May 13-June-3) sponsored by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural affairs, United States Department of State, Washington DC. The topic was “ Women and Economic development” .
10. Participated Ema-Invest -2001 ( September-24th to 29th) for small business development and SMEs development in Asia Pacific region as well as how to get investment for small projects sponsored by the Organizers.
11. Participated 3 days Workshop on IPI ( International Press Institute) as IT Journalist at New Delhi ( from 24th -29January-2001) sponsored by the Govt of India on the occasion of their 50thanniversary.
12. Participated 14 days products exhibition and workshop in Delhi from Nov 14-28, 2001 , with 15 women entrepreneurs of Bangladesh, sponsored by UNIFEM.
Local awards :
13. “Women of the year-2006”- received award from WINNER Business Association , Dhaka , for working for the gender equality and women’s right in Bangladesh.
14. Received National Award in 2007 for Life time achievement award-2007, from the Journalism Foundation for working for the underprivileged women group in Bangladesh.
15. Awarded Victory day award -2007 as a Social Entrepreneur from the Local Govt. organized by Television Reporters Association of Bangladesh.
16. Awarded Begum Rokeya Award-2008 from the Association of Editors of Bangladesh in September 2008.
17. Awarded She re Bangla award by the She re Bangla foundation in Bangladesh in 2008 for business promotion of Women SMEs in Bangladesh.