Motivation and objective: In 2012, SMEA, MOEA started to aggregate all entrepreneurship polices measures into a portal, for helping all startups in Taiwan easily to look for, to understand and to access related startup information and policy details from various startup communities and Ministries.
The portal provides different functions information that startups may need:
1. Funding information
2. The early stage trends of funding startup
3. Online course for entrepreneurship
4. The startup ecosystem in Taiwan, including co-working space and incubators
5. Calendar: the events related startup in Taiwan
6. Various Startup Infor Pack
7. Guidance for four startup stages: creative, mentor, capital and R&D
1. Toll free service and
2. Three one-stop startup hubs, in Taipei, Taichung and Kaohsiung
The Small and Medium Enterprise Administration (SMEA), an agency of the Ministry of Economic Affairs (MOEA).
Started in 2012
Through a well-constructed online portal, providing all startup events calendar, funding information, various policies measures from all Ministries by stages and connecting information in Taiwan entrepreneurial ecosystem, and it allows for a friendly start-up environment, and easily accessing various entrepreneurial policies measures.
Status until March 2018: the portal has become the most popular startup portal, average visitors are 45 thousands/week.