The national finale of Entrepreneurship World Cup held on 17th September in Bangladesh. Like the previous year, Impactors Connect and Daffodil International University has hosted the national finale in Bangladesh.
This year, more than 675 startups applied for Entrepreneurship World Cup- Bangladesh. Among them, top 10 startups have been selected to pitch on the national finale. Among these top 10 startups, Khelbei Bangladesh, ANTT Robotics and Interactive Cares takes top prize for Bangladesh finals of the Entrepreneurship World Cup.
In the beinging of the program, Md. Asif Iqbal, CEO of Impactors Connect and Country Director of Entrepreneurship World Cup, Bangladesh has shown a brief overview about the impacts created by Entrepreneurship World Cup in the last three years in Bangladesh. "EWC has created a great impacts as more than 3K startups has applied in last three years. Not only that, it has given a great opportunity to all the startups in the ecosystem to connect globally in all aspects. I believe EWC will create more impact for the whole ecosystem in Bangladesh"- said Asif Iqbal, CEO of Impactors Connect and Country Director of Entrepreneurship World Cup, Bangladesh.
Khelbei Bangladesh, A digital platform that creates opportunities and accesses for Bangladeshis of all ages to participate in sports and physical activities through online and on-field services and they captured first prize at the national finals of the Entrepreneurship World Cup competition held recently in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
ANTT ROBOTICS LTD became the 1st runner up of the Entrepreneurship World Cup- 2021 in Bangladesh. It is a research-oriented company, that prioritizes workloads based on manufacturing industrial robotics, programmable logic controllers, embedded systems while integrating flexible end to end software solutions, with a key goal in mind: balancing social mission and commercial enterprise, for enlightening the next generations' knowledge of science and industry automation.
The second runner-up is Interactive Care- an one stop virtual Ed-Tech platform for Integrated Digital Learning and Skill Development in native Bangla language through pre recorded courses, one to one mentoring and career paths.
All three of them advances to the next round of the global competition against national winners from 200 countries. In preparation for the EWC Global Finals, the founders of each startup will participate in an acceleration program that features virtual training and one-to-one mentoring targeted to their company’s current stage and growth trajectory.
Other finalists at EWC Bangladesh included:
- Apon Wellbeing Ltd, a omni channel market place for low income industrial workers..
- OneThread, Easy to use and most affordable Project Management Solution for Startups, SMEs & NGOs. Our prices are at $1/user/month and it has the most minimal learning curve involved.
- Krishian Ltd., a group of urban farmers on a journey to make cities self-sufficient by transforming unused urban spaces into smart vertical farms, also ensuring every citizen has access to fresh vegetables.
- Probashi Sheba Ltd., has started its journey for Connecting, optimizing, Harnessing expatriate's strength in Bangladesh.
- Best Aid, a telehealth startup based on a one-stop digital healthcare concept which provides 24/7 online consultancy using both audio and video platform with specialist doctors as the patient requires.
- Shopkpr Technologies Pvt. Ltd, a full stack B2B platform which will connect unorganized retailers and brands directly in one platform for re-engineering the medicine value chain & Small-store Finance in Bangladesh using Mobile app
- Deal on Trip, an Online Hotel Booking Site in Bangladesh. We are creating hotel chain in affordable price.
On the finale the judges had a hard time sorting out the best three(3). We had esteemed judges- Zeeshan Kingshuk Huq
Co-founder & Shareholder, Sindabad.Com; Wahid Sadat Chowdhury, CIO, Energypac Power Generation Limited; Md. Mazharul Islam, CFO, Egeneration PLC and Mohammad Abdul Haque, Finance Secretary, E-cab.
For organizing the national finale, with Impactors Connect, Dept. of Innovation and Entrepreneurship of Daffodil International University and Female Innovators Hub joined as the strategic partners. Moreover, Startup Huddle Dhaka Female Innovators Hub Startup Khulna Startup Rangpur Chittagong University Career Club - CUCC E-Business & Entrepreneurship Club, Jahangirnagar University UIU Entrepreneur Development Forum - UIUEDF BUET Entrepreneurship Development Club Startup Grind Dhaka BRAC University Entrepreneurship Development Forum-BUEDF and Govt. Titumir College Entrepreneurship & Business Club was the ecosystem partner.
More than 300,000 contestants from 200 countries entered the Entrepreneurship World Cup. The initiative combines a broad-reaching pitch competition, aimed at ventures ranging from idea stage to growth stage, with a virtual accelerator program to help all participants launch, strengthen, and scale their enterprises. Global Finalists will face off against one another virtually at the Misk Global Forum in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia in November.
EWC is an initiative led by the Misk Global Forum, Global Entrepreneurship Network and the Global Education and Leadership Foundation with support from a collection of national and global partners, including the GSVlabs and Entrepreneurs’ Organization.