Organizing a series of activities in one week is not easy and requires the hard work and unwavering commitment of all stakeholders in the ecosystem to create the desired impact. It is with this ambition that the organizing committee of the Global Entrepreneurship Week Chad organized a Partners' Forum on Friday, August 09, 2019 at the residence hotel, in order to present the Roadmap leading to the celebration of its third edition.
Since 2016, we have listed Chad in the arena of 170 nations around the world celebrating entrepreneurship in November and the 2018 edition which was celebrated under the patronage of His Excellency Idriss Déby Itno, President of the Republic of Chad and saw the realization of more than 100 activities through 6 major events, a broad mobilization of at least 80 experts, trainers and lecturer, plus 3800 participants mostly young people, around the common cause which is the creation of employment and favorable conditions for the emergence of enterprises.
With its willingness to continue on the same path in the construction of the Chadian entrepreneurial ecosystem, the Organizing Committee made up of young people from several organizations, headed by the Youth Network for Development and Leadership in Africa. Chad (RJDLT), will celebrate the third edition of the Global Entrepreneurship Week in Chad 2019 which will have the theme "Inclusive Entrepreneurship for an integrated development profitable to all social strata" and will be held from 18 to 24 November 2019. This is why, the Forum of 09 August 2019, has not only made it possible to present the roadmap and mobilize the partners, but also to advocate at all levels for the implementation of the recommendations of the two previous editions.
Since the GEW 2019 is a national event and federates all social strata of Chad in general and the ecosystem actors in particular, the holding of a partners' forum was a way to collect the expectations of those and other targets in order to best achieve its organization and the involvement of as many actors as possible.
During the forum, a detailed presentation of the GEW2019 roadmap, along with partner offers, was made to the guests.
It is necessary to recall that the theme of the third edition is to target the most vulnerable social strata and advocates a shared and equitable development for all. To significantly reduce poverty, reduce exposure to hunger, create decent jobs and improve living conditions, we believe it is necessary to foster the creation of frameworks that promote access to capital and knowledge for vulnerable social groups. generally little included. The manifest desire of World Entrepreneurship Week 2019 is to build the capacity of all social strata and provide them with the basic means to create and maintain successful businesses.
To achieve this goal, a roadmap serving as a basis for building a congruence environment and the emergence of startups with a combination of several activities that will be conducted simultaneously and some, in a successive way to reach thousands young Chadians from all walks of life. In concrete terms, the roadmap is spread over four major strategic axes, each of which includes several actions, namely:
AXIS 1: Strengthen the Chadian entrepreneurial environment for young people and vulnerable social groups (girls, women and people with disabilities)
- Action 1.1: Advocacy with the authorities to remove obstacles to entrepreneurship
- Action 1.2: Successfully introduce entrepreneurship and personal development curriculum in secondary school
- Action 1.3: Strengthen the presence of young people and vulnerable social strata in decision-making bodies related to entrepreneurship
AXIS 2: Training young people and vulnerable social groups in entrepreneurial opportunities
- Action 2.1: Training young people and vulnerable social strata in different sectors of entrepreneurship
- Action 2.2: Constitute homogeneous groups and equip them with management skills for the development of their business
AXIS 3: Technically and financially support young and women's entrepreneurship
- Action 3.1: Creation of a specialized incubator
- Action 3.2: Young Entrepreneurs Support Fund
AXIS 4: Celebrate World Entrepreneurship Week 2019 itself
- Caravan Start you business at Zero Francs: A project to economically empower women and Chadian families, improving the lives of Chadian people by training 1,000 women entrepreneurs or aspiring entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs, from 5 regions of Chad
- Global Startup Weekend Women: 27th to 29th of September 2019: A contest bringing together for one hundred and fifty-six hundred young entrepreneurs with ideas of entrepreneurship who will be trained and coached by assigned coaches and mentors and presented before a jury made up of confirmed investors and entrepreneurs. three best projects have been identified and awarded.
- Entrepreneurial Caravan: November 19-24, 2019: An Entrepreneurship and Leadership Outreach Campaign in academia to raise awareness of other opportunities offered by the world of employment through self-employment or the development of entrepreneurship and income-generating activities.
- Digit'Elle: November 21, 2019, at the National House of Women: An activity that promotes digital innovation and entrepreneurship within the female youth, train women on the digital basis and offer them opportunities of digital innovations and ultimately, networking students and young women leaders and entrepreneurs in digital
- Agribusiness Festival in Chad (edition 3): 20 to 21 November 2019 in Sarh: A framework for celebration, promotion and reflection on Chadian agribusiness and its challenges and the proposal of adequate and relevant solutions for the success of the value chain locally and internationally.
- Startups and Investments Forum (3rd edition): 22nd to 23rd November 2019: For two days, this forum aims to promote investment opportunities in Chadian startups. More than 20 activities will take place. The programming will focus on two main themes that are investment in Chad, especially on startups and business opportunities that Chad offers.
- Entrepreneurs Night (Edition 2): November 23, 2019 at Radisson Blu: The concept of this night is to gather in one place and in a festive atmosphere, aspiring entrepreneurs, pioneers, actors of economic change of the Africa and business celebrities, and many others who are visibly evolving in Africa's socio-economic transformation.
- N'Djamena Hackathon (edition 2): 28th to 30th November 2019: Bring together for three (3) days in N'Djamena brilliant computer scientists, innovation and project management specialists, to help 12 selected Chadian startups to develop a prototype based on a digital solution, which solves a specific problem.
During this forum, the opportunity was given to the winners of previous editions to testify to their progress and the impact of World Entrepreneurship Week on their projects.
The Committee's ambition is to include Global Entrepreneurship Week Chad as the channel through which the Chadian entrepreneurial ecosystem improves and becomes a pioneer in the arena of entrepreneurs and innovators nations.
The Forum was chaired by MADJIDIAN PADJA Ruth, Minister of Vocational Training and Small Trades, who was joined by the Minister of Higher Education, Research and Innovation, Dr. Houdeingar David, the President. of the Chamber of Commerce, Industry, Agriculture, Mines and Crafts (CCIAMA), Resident Representative of the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), Dr. Edwige Adekambi Domingo and accompanied by the Minister's Legal Adviser Promotion of Youth, Sports and Employment.
Among the guests of honor, the Director of the French Development Agency, Mr. Olivier CADOR, the Representative of the United States Embassy, Mr. Eric Loum Mouldeissou, the Director General of Taxes, the Representatives of several institutions, the large companies.
The Ceremony ended with a call to all actors and partners to support this youth who works day and night to improve the living conditions of thousands of Chadians and especially to make shine the blue-gold-red nation beyond the borders.
The GEW machine is launched towards achieving the objectives.
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: http://sme-tchad.co Tel: 66 34 05 94/92 49 87 89