updated May 24, 2019
The Global Entrepreneurship Network is seeking a full-time employee to serve as its Partnerships Manager. GEN operates a platform of projects and programs in 170 countries aimed at making it easier for anyone, anywhere to start and scale a business. By fostering deeper cross border collaboration and initiatives between entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, policymakers and entrepreneurial support organizations, GEN works to fuel healthier start and scale ecosystems that create more jobs, educate individuals, accelerate innovation and strengthen economic growth.
JOB DESCRIPTION + KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
The responsibility of the Partnerships Manager is to serve as the primary outreach leader building GEN’s priority communities – identifying organizations and individuals who can have a substantial impact on an array of programs. The position will report to the president of the organization and/or his delegate. Responsibilities include:
- Work with leadership and various project managers and teams to identify potential strategic partners
- Support efforts to develop structured program partnership offerings and necessary materials
- Conduct outreach and recruit new partners targeted in coordination with project managers
- Manage all ongoing relationships with existing partners and, where relevant, leverage those partnerships to greater collective impact
- In conjunction with members of the Business Development Team and Sponsorship Committee, recruit and develop financial partnerships to support various programs and organizational growth
- Lead organization’s efforts to track and manage relationships through Hubspot
- Serve as the primary lead for GEN’s Startup Huddle program – building partnerships as well as identifying and on-boarding local organizers while managing volunteer ambassadors
QUALIFICATIONS + SUCCESS FACTORS
- Outgoing and confident with a positive attitude and demonstrable relationship-building skills
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills to quickly assess partnership opportunities and take immediate action
- Some experience and knowledge of startup communities and ecosystems
- Excellent communication skills, both written (including email) and oral
- Comfortable with MS Office Suite, Slack, relationship management software (Hubspot, a plus) and with learning/using new software
- Commitment to the values, mission, model and work of the Global Entrepreneurship Network
- Flexible team player – able to work in an environment with overlapping program areas and staff responsibilities
- Must be fluent in English and able to communicate easily and clearly
Please submit a resume and relevant work samples to Alan Simensky at email@example.com.
GEN is a not-for-profit organization with global headquarters in Washington, DC, and host organizations in more than 170 countries. This position is based in Washington, DC. GEN will only consider applications from U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the United States.