GEN Egypt supports entrepreneurs at idea stage, early stage or growth stage with training and mentorship programs, competitions, networking events of all sizes including conferences and summits.
Egypt’s entrepreneurship ecosystem is growing rapidly with the increase in both the number of organizations that support entrepreneurs and the number of startups. One of the main characteristics is inclusiveness as the ecosystem opens the door for all entrepreneurs in all fields. There are opportunities for everyone.
GEN Egypt aims to strengthen the ecosystem by focusing on:
- Activating new entrepreneurs and startups by spreading awareness through business competitions, awareness-raising workshops and celebration events.
- Supporting the development of existing startups through collaborating with and convening entrepreneurial networks and platforms in Egypt and providing targeted entrepreneurship training on gaps and underserved focus areas.
- Analyzing “lessons learnt” by policy advocacy and by continued dialogue with government in the shape of roundtable discussion and focus groups.
GEN Egypt focuses on many challenges entrepreneurs face down the road, starting from decision making, access to experts and qualified mentors and finding a flexible workplace where they can hit maximum productivity levels and conquer daily work challenges. With close to 100K followers on its social media media channels, the organization aims to connect entrepreneurs, entrepreneurship support organizations and ecosystem enablers through GEN programs such as :
- Global Entrepreneurship Week - a celebration of innovators who launch startups that bring ideas to life. During one week each November, partners around Egypt hold events and competitions to celebrate and support local entrepreneurs.
- Startup Huddle – a monthly program to educate, engage and connect entrepreneurs
- Entrepreneurship World Cup - a global pitch competition with a shot at life-changing prizes. It elevates entrepreneurs from all stages—idea-stage, early-stage, growth-stage or beyond— by providing them with tools and resources to grow their venture
GEN Egypt Board of Directors
● Mr. Mohamed Tarek Kamel - CCC
Sector : Construction & Building Materials
● Mr. Mounir Elgazayerli - Unilever
● Ms. Ghada Darwish - SECI Energia
Sector : Renewable Energy
● Mr. Amr Abouelazm - Tamweely
Sector : Microfinance
● Mr. Wael Eldesouki - AASTM
Sector : Education
● Dr. Ghada Khalil
Sector : Government
● Ms. Shoroke Zedan - Nahdet Misr
Sector : Education
● Mr. Ahmed Osman - CHROME
Sector : Construction / Project/ Facilities Management
● Mr. Ash Rofail - Openner
Sector: Venture Capital