Description of the core change(s) brought by this policy instrument
A 6 month acceleration program to attract international entrepreneurs and talent to Spain promoted by ICEX-Invest in Spain. Its mission is to contribute to reinforcing and internationalizing the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Spain.
Over the last few years, Spain's start up ecosystem has been growing fast and it is emerging as a destination of choice for an increasing number of entrepreneurs ready to innovate and collaborate in a most conducive environment.
First-class universities, top notch business schools, highly skilled human capital and substantial capital funding, public and private, create the right conditions for start ups to grow in Spain. To help take innovative projects to the marketplace, Rising Start Up Spain offers softlanding via:
- Free workspace in Madrid and Barcelona, two hotspots for start ups
- Prize money of €10.000 to cover initial Start up expenses
- Easier access to Visa and Residence permits
- Instrumental mentoring to help you connect with potential investors
Please list the implementing agencies
ICEX-Invest in Spain, which is a public corporation at the national level whose mission involves promoting the internationalisation of Spanish companies to support their competitiveness and add value to the economy as a whole, as well as attracting foreign investment to Spain. For more information on ICEX, please click here.
If you marked "start-up" and/or "scale-up" firms, please provide the specific definitions used
The program is targeted to foreign startups, foreign entrepreneurs and non-resident Spanish entrepreneurs that have an innovative project with an already positive feedback from the market. The winning projects will have to constitute a company in Spain at the start of the program; if the company is already constituted, it cannot be older than one (1) year.
Abstract summary of this Policy resource
Stated goal/metrics of the policy instrument
The program aims at:
- Promoting Spain and the Spanish entrepreneurial ecosystem on an international scale
- Helping attract talent and international innovative and entrepreneurial projects to Spain.
- Facilitating the return of Spanish talent and entrepreneurs engaged in projects in third countries and provide mechanisms for collaboration between Spanish and foreign entrepreneurs.
- Attracting international funding for innovative entrepreneurial projects and increase investment opportunities in activities with high added value in Spain.